Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Awesome milk-free pudding

Seriously, you'll love this even if you're lucky enough to be able to eat dairy products. We've made it about 5 times in 10 days, and last night Ken said I'm not allowed to make it for a while :)

2 cups soymilk (I use vanilla)
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 Cup sugar
1/3 Cup cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon vanilla

Whisk the soymilk and cornstarch together until the cornstarch dissolves. Add the sugar and cocoa powder, put it on medium heat, and whisk constantly until it gets thick. It seems like it takes a while but once it starts bubbling, it gets thick really quickly. Then you take it off the heat, add the vanilla and stir. Pour it in bowls and chill for at least an hour - depending on how cold you like it. I like it really cold. It's supposed to be 4 servings but Ken and I can finish this whole recipe off. I won't say who eats the most :)

Try it! It's delicious!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Buh-bye.
Going to the kitchen now.
:)

Cathy said...

Snap that was easy.

Hope I was supposed to use unsweetened cocoa!

;)

Cathy said...

PS

Oh no I didn't add a little mint extract to make a mint-chocolate pudding.

Oh yes I did.

Beth said...

Wow Ma, that sounds great! I tried a little almond extract one time - it was really good too!

Angela said...

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this recipe! I had given up long ago trying to make pudding with soymilk, it never got thick enough for me. Now we can finally have pudding again.