Monday, December 10, 2007

My kid's a genius

She had a BIG weekend!

She got her two bottom teeth.

She started crawling (well, backwards!)

AND...

She said her first word! I held up a little rubber duck, and told her what it was. She said, "Duck!" At first I thought it was a coincidence, but she said it several more times when we had different ducks (she loves them - so we have several different colors)

Then, today, after her dinner, I did the sign and said "All done" and she said "Done!"
She's a genius I tell you!

We had her nine month doctor appointment today.

17 lbs 3 oz
27 1/2 inches

I thought she would be closer to twenty pounds. But I am happy because I can keep her in her infant carseat a little while longer!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

She IS a genius!!
:)

Anne said...

Beth, Charles weighed in at 18 lbs 8 oz for his 6 mo appt! I'm anxiously awaiting the switch to the big kid carseat as I can hardly shove him in the infant one anymore, especially with his cold weather gear!!

Veronica said...

She sounds like so much fun! You are a blessed mama Beth!

xxxxxx said...

What a smartie-pants!

Kathryn said...

Wow, "duck", that is amazing! What a wonder that little Madeleine is! I'm glad to be back online and reading about your cutie pie!