I was thinking more about this after the fridge post. I was making a list in my head of all our hand me downs in the house. There are a LOT of them! Here's a list, incomplete I'm sure.
2 high chairs
3 exersaucers
1 booster seat
3 strollers (one with a carseat, a double stroller, and a lightweight stroller)
2 cribs (we use one for Ava)
almost ALL of Madeleine's clothes and toys
1 recliner
A couch and a loveseat
Our kitchen table and chairs
baby swing
bouncy seat
a pack and play that she sleeps in here at work
Ken's desk upstairs
Our bedroom set
our new dishwasher that is not installed yet
Daybed that used to be my bed in the guest room
Piano
Do we have the best friends or what?? The rest of the stuff in our house that we actually bought mostly came from garage sales. I am especially fond of our Anakin Skywalker couches (we bought it from the kid who played him - well his mom actually.)
We did buy these things new:
Washer and dryer
TV and shelf
Mattress and baby mattress
Madeleine's dresser/changing table
We are very blessed! Now if I ever hear any of our kids complaining about hand me downs.... they're in trouble :)
4 comments:
One mans trash another mans treasure, that is for sure...we REALLY live by that rule, and what many consider trash...we treasure!
Yep, us too.
Love those hand me downs!
I do that too. Count the things I've bought, versus what I've been given. I do especially with the clothes I'm wearing. Sometimes the only thing I've bought myself is my bra and undies. And I dress well, people (especially Mom), have just been really, really good to me.
Post a Comment