Saturday, October 13, 2007

Happy Fall!



Finally we have fall weather here!


This morning Mom and I drove to Anderson to visit Grandma and Grandpa and our new cousin Isaac, who was just born on the 10th! He is beautiful and has WAY more hair than Madeleine! We were just slightly jealous :)
Grandpa is not doing well at all. He is very weak, and can't see anymore. He never leaves his room at the assisted living place - Grandma goes down to the cafeteria and brings his meals to him. We went to see Grandpa and he got to touch Madeleine. He said he couldn't see her but he was sure she was a good baby. Mom told him that she has beautiful big blue eyes and that everyone comments on them when they see her. I told Grandpa she had blue eyes like him, and he smiled. Then I said, "Come to think of it, her hair looks pretty much exactly like yours too!" He got a huge smile on his face and said, "Well, if she turns out like me, that'd be all right." I was happy she made him smile - we don't see that much. We visited with Grandma a little and gave her some of M's new 6 month pictures, which she immediately hung up on her bulletin board. Madeleine even let Grandma hold her for a minute!
Then we went to Heather's housewarming party - her house looks SO great! It was perfect fall sweater weather too! I made her sweater, but I can't tell you how many people asked what "his" name was today - do you see all the pink in that sweater?! She also had pink shoes on! Does she look THAT much like a boy?!

12 comments:

Brenda said...

i knew you made her sweater before i read it! it's awesome. And what is wrong with people, she is a total girly girl?!

newhousenewjob said...

Of course she doesn't look like a boy - and by the way, she's utterly gorgeous and I love her sweater. People have asked my sister what 'his' name is when she takes her baby daughter out dressed in pink from head to toe and wearing a dress - I suppose it's marginally better than calling her 'it'.

Beck said...

Her sweater is beautiful and feminine! And she is such a cutie! I found that whenever my baby girls weren't wearing a pink flouncy dress and lace hairbows, people would presume they were were male - it was WEIRD.

Meredith said...

great name for a new baby cousin!

Veronica said...

She is so cute and so girlie, there's pink in that sweater, hello!!!

erin k said...

Beautiful sweater. So nice that your Grandpa got to touch her, even if he couldn't see her. Children have such a positive effect on the elderly.

Cathy said...

No, she does not look like a boy.
People are freaks.
I've had Mary in a PINK DRESS before and had someone say, "Isn't he cute?"

That sweater rocks, and the story about your grandpa brought a smile to my face.

Angela said...

I love that sweater! When Isabella was only a couple months old someone in church asked if she was a boy or girl. She was wearing a pink dress and had a pink blanket!!

nicole said...

I love the sweater. You're so talented. :) I would be afraid to even try. She is totally cute. Would she tolerate the headbands with the bows on them (soft bands)? I put my IndieGirl in them for a long time b/c she was bald too.

Beth said...

Thanks everyone! Meredith, I knew you would like my new cousin's name!

Nicole, she wears headbands sometimes. We actually have a really cute white lace one with a place where we can clip different barettes to it - so it can match with her outfits.

Ok gotta go see what fussy girl is fussing about!

Kelley said...

Your little girl is beautiful! And I loooove that sweater. I wandered over here after reading your comment on my blog. I'll have to pop in on you from time to time.

:-)

bren j. said...

So cute! And that sweater rocks!