I really wanted to take Madeleine to the State Fair this year. The fair is always a good time, and as Jeff Foxworthy says, if you feel like you have problems with your family, just go to the State Fair! :) But seriously, I just really like the food, and I also like looking at all the 4H projects and other things they have on display there, and seeing all the animals. But I'm not about to go treking through the pig shack and cow barn with a baby in 98 degree heat and humidity. We might have to wait until next year.
It is the last full week of summer vacation. I am really ready for school to start. I think my job will be much more relaxed, and both Ava and Madeleine will get better naps when there isn't so much activity going on in the house. I'm also ready to see all my friends in carpool every day. It's like social hour out there. I think sometimes that is the only adult conversation some of those moms get all day.
Since this is kind of a random post, I'll give you a random picture to go with it.
If you need me I'll be sitting in front of the freezer with the door open!
6 comments:
It was over 100 degrees here, 104 I think with heat index of like 115! That is hot!
I know! I took Charles to Walmart yesterday to pick up some pictures and he was so hot that I felt guilty taking him out!
It is sweltering here too in Kentucky.
By the way, the pics are absolutely adorable and I love it when you post them! What a cutie pie she is!
Feel better knowing that Keith is in 120 to 140 degree heat in Iraq!! And having to wear a uniform with a 40pound pack, kevlar helmet and goggles. No thats hot!
Oh my goodness. Poor Keith!!
I know I feel guilty taking Madeleine out in this weather. Her little cheeks get red, what little hair she has gets curly, and she gets all sweaty. But she takes it like a champ! Maybe she'll like being out in the sun like her mom :)
This may have been a "random" post, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. (Especially that "random" photo at the end--what a honey!)
I say brave out the heat to go to the fair. It's the fair! Grab a pair of comfy shorts and a sleeveless polo and go, go, go.
Post a Comment