I had bought some rice cereal from Wild Oats, and I was trying to mix it with breast milk. So I got out the pump, took it apart and washed it, but then I couldn't figure out how to put it back together. Ken and I both tried to figure out how to work it, and he even ended up looking online (I bet in his wildest dreams in his bachelor days, he never thought he'd be looking up how to put a breast pump together!) Anyway, by the time we had it figured out, Madeleine was fussy so I nursed her a little. Then I sat at the table and tried to figure out how to use the pump while Ken was holding her. I got a little milk into the bottle, then tried to mix some cereal with it in a bowl. I accidently dumped way too much out and so I couldn't use that batch. Then I tried again and this time I could hardly get any milk at all out. Ken was acting like he was getting impatient, so I said, "I don't see you trying to get any milk out!" He said, "If I did and something did come out, I don't think you'd want to feed it to the baby!"
Then I started laughing so hard I could hardly mix up the food. So I mixed up a little, and fed it to her. She acted like she didn't like it at first, but then she kept opening her mouth for more. So then I tried to pump a little more milk directly into the bowl so she could have a few more bites. Ken just looked at me and said, "Well, I guess we can't have people over anymore."
I know we have to take it slow because of her possible food allergies. We go back to the doctor next week so I will ask him what else we can give her. It was fun have this first experience with her!! She also really liked sitting in her high chair. It gave her a new perspective :)
7 comments:
Hee. Next time, you'll want to express the milk waaaay in advance, so she doesn't have any waiting around to do - I used to express The Baby's suppertime milk while she was napping in the afternoon, and then popped it in the fridge. Good luck!
What great photos, and sleep too! Sounds like the food may have helped a bit! She is just too adorable!
Kathryn
She is doing GREAT in that highchair!
She looks so comfy and content.
Wow sounds like quite the experience. She looks like she is really enjoying that!
Congrats on finally getting some rest!!!
Mary has been eating solid food occasionally for about a month now. She loves peaches, applesauce, and carrots. She makes faces with the green beans but she still eats them.
She looks so big sitting in the highchair! I'm glad it went well, eventually. I was never dedicated enough to pump milk for the cereal. We just used water.
This is such a cute post!! She's so cute sitting up.
Post a Comment