Wednesday, July 18, 2007

You know you're Catholic if...

-You've accidentally genuflected at a place other than church ex. the movie theatre, school auditorium. (MOM!)
-You have a nativity set at your house during Christmas, and have also played with it.
-You have 20+ cousins.
-When you hear the word Madonna, you think of the Blessed Virgin, not the song "Like a Virgin."
-You and friends ever played "Mass" instead of House, or Cops and Bad Guys. (Isn't that why they invented Necco Wafers?)
-When watching star wars and hear "may the force be with you" you respond with "and also with you".
-You know at least five people named Mary.
-You have at one point had to stop a younger sibling from playing in the holy water font.
-You know that Father Stan could take on Eminem any day.
-Instead of change, you find a rosary under your couch cushions.
-You have participated in sword fights using Palms on Passion Sunday.

From: www.reapteam.org

10 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow, Michelle and I totally used to play mass. But one of us is a much better Catholic than the other:) Guess it was b/c she always played the priest:)

FloridaWife said...

Who is Father Stan?

But, yeah, I'm guilty of the others. :)

Beth said...

Father Stan!

http://www.francescoproductions.com

He is awesome. We've had his speak for our high school kids several times, and he is on EWTN. He also has several rap cds :)

Ouiz said...

Wow... I've done many of those things! I guess that means I'm Catholic! whoo hoo! *grin*

And playing Mass is the ONLY reason Necco wafers were created... isn't it? (I used to get to be the priest and my Jewish friends got to receive. How's that for funny? And for evangelism at the ripe old age of 5?)

Lori said...

Yeah, I have like 24 first cousins just on my dad's side. Probably almost as many on my mom's side. PLus all my cousins are having kids now. We used to play mass too. I would hold the book while my little brother was the priest. :) BTW, I had to disable some add-ons from your blog because it kept shutting my internet down everytime I pulled it up. Does anyone else have a problem with that?

Beth said...

really? sorry! no one else has said anything, I sent you something today!

Lori said...

you sent me something? As in real mail? Yay! Most of the mail i get is bills so it will be nice to get something from you! Luv ya!

xxxxxx said...

Too funny! We used to play mass using fish food wafers. And yes, I was the priest!
I have also dipped my fingers in to ashtrays that were built into the wall and crossed myself!

Beth said...

Whenever I go with mom to the movies, I have to MAKE SURE she doesn't genuflect. It's happened before.

Yep, real mail for Aunt Lori!

Anonymous said...

Last December I attended a Christmas concert at a Protestant church. I think the only thing that kept me from genuflecting was not being able to find the tabernacle. :) It confused my poor little subconscious, though.