For the past four years, Ken and I and some good friends have been in charge of the Friday night entertainment. We called it "Late Nite with Fr. Richard," and based it off the Late Show with Dave Letterman. Here we are in the band, can you find us?
Last year we did 80's theme, and the year before we did 70's. I had a great time going shopping in the vintage clothing stores for our costumes! We had the speakers for the weekend as our guests, including Jeff Cavins, Michael Cumbie, the Sisters of Life, and many more great ones! Father Richard always did a hilarious monologue. His brother, Fr. Brian, was his sidekick. (Yes, I need to get some mothering lessons from their mom!) The seminarians always did a set of commercials for vocations. We played a few songs to get the crowd going, and little pieces of songs to introduce the guests. Then we did a "feature song" towards the end. Yes, last year I was up on stage with my maternity 80's costume. Not a pretty sight. It was a great time, but we decided to take a year off. (Mostly because of Madeleine!) Maybe we'll bring it back next year. I missed all the practices! We're still looking forward to the rest of the conference though!
6 comments:
No fair... even if I *did* live up there, I couldn't go because (gulp) I'm over 35!
That makes me sad...
Sounds like a wonderful conference, though... I hope Madeleine cooperates for you!
That sounds like SO much fun! I could only participate for ONE MORE YEAR, though.
I hope everything goes well.
Too funny, I was thinking the same thing as your commenters... I'm almost 34, does that mean I'm not young anymore after next year? Haha.
It sounds like it will be great!
Don't worry girls, it's not like they check your ID at the door!
(Ken gets to be in the Frassati Society until I'M 35, so he'll be 43!) :)
Any of you that are interested should check out Communion and Liberation. There are communities all over. I used to be part of Frassati when I lived in Carmel but since i moved away, I have been involved in CL as we call it. Communion and Liberation is a movement in the Catholic church that was started in Italy. Check out www.clonline.us for more info or ask me to tell you more. I have found that CL is a group where I learn more about Christ and how HE corresponds to my heart.
It sounds like fun. I would have joined something like this when I was in that age range. In fact, I seriously missed it. There are just not enough social things for catholics. Especially when you go to a parish with limited parish life because people have to travel to get to a decent mass.
Post a Comment