Thursday, June 14, 2007

Rosary Group

Yesterday, a friend invited us to come to her Rosary Group that meets every Wednesday. It was in the house right behind us so we just walked over there, not knowing what to expect. The lady that lives there has 7 boys, and there were about 25 kids total. Madeleine was the youngest, and I think the oldest was around 4th grade. There were several babies and toddlers. Usually I end up spending time with people who have kids under 2, so it was really neat to see all the older kids interacting with their moms and younger siblings. We all sat outside, and when we started the rosary all the kids came over and prayed with us. I was really surprised, even the toddlers were respectful and quiet. (Even Ava - she must have seen what the other kids were doing and followed their example!) Grace even led a decade, by herself in front of everyone, and did exceptionally well!

I was so impressed how nice these kids were. They helped their moms watch their younger siblings, even voluntarily keeping them entertained. There was a family with 3 girls around Grace's age, and Grace really enjoyed playing with them. (Usually it's like pulling teeth to get that kid to play with kids she hasn't met before.)

These kinds of families are what makes me want to have a whole bunch of kids.
I hope they invite us back!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

We prayed the Chaplet with several neighbors every afternoon at 3pm while I lived in a rental house awaiting the home we bought to be ready. It was very much like you describe and I miss that time in prayer with those lovely families!

Kathryn