You'd think they'd be over with since this kid is going to be 2 months old tomorrow! But no. I went to the dentist today, and unfortunately, my 27 year record of no cavities has come to an end. They actually asked if I had acid reflux or if I was bulemic because they said I had some damage caused by acid on the back of my front teeth. I said no, but that I had just had a baby and had severe morning sickness. They said that would do it, and that it had also caused my cavity. Oh well... 27 years was a good run, and of course the kid was worth it! Now Ken's trying to scare me by telling me about the drilling. It can't be THAT bad, can it??
We had a very nice day off today - hung out with mom, ran some errands, looked at some garage sales. (Mom got a nice booster seat for Madeleine (and Ava) for $5.) My dentist's office is in this really nice neighborhood, Village of WestClay. Actually NICE is not the word for it. It has million dollar homes, like CEOs of big companies live there - and some Colts players of course. And yeah, I know - only in Indiana would a person get to have a race car driver for a dentist! Anyway, we saw the sign that they're having their neighborhood garage sale tomorrow, so mom and my sister in law and I are going. We missed it last year, but we did catch it the year before. I bought our coffee table and end table there. I guess the people there just get new furniture all the time because they had some really nice things that I could never afford new, but they were selling for really cheap. I remember 2 years ago seeing a rack of designer baby girl clothes for $1 each. I should have bought them all! I guess most of these people don't have very many kids. If I had a house that big I'd have like 20 kids ;-) (You'd need that many to keep it clean!) Of course I'd have that many anyway, if God thinks I can handle it ;-)
4 comments:
Beth - sorry to hear about the cavity - 27 years is a good run. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog today - I appreciate you and your comment! :)
No, the drilling is not that bad. You know what's the worst? The needle with the Novocaine - it hurts, because, well, you aren't numb yet. The drilling you can't feel.
But even the Novocaine pain is over quickly, as it starts working immediately.
You'll see - it's not bad at all.
:)
I know nasty post-pregnancy teeth SO well - my gums bleed for a YEAR afterwords, which is just UNFAIR!
But my teeth were made out of chalk to begin with - I don't know how many cavities I've had, but "a lot" should cover it. Thank goodness we have good dental insurance!
Sorry about that cavity!!! I've enjoyed catching up on your blog today...we've been off-line this past week! I missed reading Madeleine updates *smile*
Kathryn
Post a Comment