Subtitled: Ken's going to have another diaper changing lesson tonight.
And: I'm going to Starbucks this afternoon.
I get to work at 8:00am. Madeleine sits in her carseat, just watching us happily, while I get Ava's breakfast, change her diaper, and put her down for her morning nap.
I go to pick up Madeleine, and I've never seen so much poop in my LIFE. Her diaper was on completely crooked. (Practice makes perfect, Ken!) It was all over her brand new 3-6 month outfit (first one today!) that my friend Jenny got her. We are going out to lunch with her and her son Jack today so I wanted to make sure she wore this particular outfit. It had a shirt and overalls. The poop was all over the shirt, the overalls, the carseat, the straps, EVERYTHING. I didn't have anywhere to put her, so I just had to put her on the changing pad, so poop got all over that too. Of course there was a load of clothes in the washer and the dryer, so I had to fold the clothes in the dryer, move the other clothes over, take the entire carseat apart, and wash everything. I also had to strip the poor baby completely down and clean her off with wipes as best as I could and then leave her poor little naked self (well, with a diaper) in the bouncy seat while I cleaned everything. And I had to clean all the straps with clorox wipes and then rinse them with water. So now we are waiting for everything to dry so we can go out to lunch.
I'm so glad that everything they make for babies is washable.
I called Ken to tell him about it, and he said, "I guess this is going on the blog, isn't it?"
Yep.
The funny thing is, I really didn't mind it that much. I mean, this is my vocation, and it involves cleaning up a LOT of messes. I just knew it would be a funny story to tell later. Of course it would have been even funnier if it had happened to Ken - he's a little scared of poop. :-)
7 comments:
wow, you're having a great week for mother's day huh?:) it seems it all happens at one time. as for the sleep/nap thing, my sister swears it's because we have breastfeed babies (she's nursing, right?) she says formula is what zonks kids out for 2 hour long naps a day and our kids are "normal". but I never knew any breastfeed babies or babysat for any so I grew up thinking babies took these awesome naps everyday. it's just....frustrating. i worry she'll be a year old and still won't nap except on my boob. but i am a huge worrier anyway. and che has the same problem with the dipaers. except he puts them on too tight and crooked. will they ever learn?
It's the age-old escape for men: do something so poorly they'll never ask you to do it again.
As Bill Cosby once said of fathers, "You see we are dumb, but we are not so dumb. It takes great thinking and work to keep from working."
I tell William all the time - wait for mommy (or daddy!) . . . then have a big blow out! Love ya both! - Heather
i knew it! i've told che that I really think that's why he does things badly on purpose, so i won't ask him anymore...but i'm on to him!
It's not going to work, Ken. You're just going to have to practice until you get it right!!
That is gross. And funny. And of course probably not the last time it will happen, regardless of how well the diaper is on.
Yeah I was going to say... probably no way those type of poops could be contained.. my babies have all had their blowout days, whew!
Post a Comment