Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Denial


Hmm... do you think this kid is ready to move out of her 0 - 3 month clothes? Look at that belly!! I bought this outfit at a little boutique that was going out of business right after we found out she was a girl. (80% off - that's the only way I could afford anything in that store! I got a great diaper bag there too.) So she had to wear it once - after all, it's one of the only outfits that I have actually picked out and bought for her! I was waiting for the weather to be warm enough - and yesterday it got up to 88 degrees. I'm sad to pack away all her 0 - 3 month clothes. She is growing so fast.

9 comments:

Ken said...

Looks like she is starting to take after Daddy.

Beth said...

Everyone does say she looks just like you :)

Brenda said...

or you could be a hip mom catapulting her infant into the age of middriff bellies like most 10 year olds show off today? but i agree, i get so said when i put away maggie's clothes she wore only a few times or someone gave to her. she's in 3-6 stuff now with the 3 month stuff getting snug.

Cathy said...

Oh my word is that an adorable outfit and child!
Yeah, I was also sad when those tiny little diapers didn't fit anymore. I found one recently that we hadn't given away, and thought, "No way was she that small!"
Anyhow, I'm glad she got to wear that outfit once, because it surely is precious.

Meredith said...

Hi Beth. I found your blog through Anne's, I think, or Danielle's. Anyway, I first peeked when you were still pregnant, and then one just has to stay around to wait for the birth announcement! A belated congratulations from a fellow mother of one (almost two). Your daughter is so beautiful - I especially like this picture. I have recently started to get really excited to pull out those little clothes again now that our second baby is due in July. My Isaac is almost 2, and he's so precious to us...even if his feet are getting huge. Yeah for another round of newborn-ness! (www.greathomework.blogspot.com)

Ken said...

I guess we both have a muffin top. *sigh*

nicole said...

Cute outfit! I'm sure you are saving it for future babies. I saved a few of my very favorite outfits from when the girls were babies. I can't decide if I want to keep them intact in case we have another, or move on to my next project. I'm going to ask O.H.'s aunt to make quilts for each kid, and use the outfits I have kept as part of the quilt. I'm so excited to get started on it, but I know I should probably wait. We shall see.

Heather said...

Look at that CUTE BABY!

Kristen Laurence said...

Adorable photograph - how she has grown! She really is a beautiful baby, Beth.