We went to Mass for the first time today! I have not gone since March 4, the day before she was born. It was GREAT to be back, and Divine Mercy Sunday was the perfect first Mass. We went to the 8am, and sat with my mom and dad. I put her in her sling, and as soon as we stepped into the church, she started screaming! I took her into the bride's room (because she's so loud that even in the narthex she could be heard throughout the church) and took a few "laps." She fell right to sleep and I got in during the opening song. She slept the entire time - what a good baby!
I have always dreamed of having my own child, carrying her up to communion, and having the priest bless her. I have watched this happen all my life. Today was the first time I got to do that!
Then we went to Borders for our Sunday morning date. She was hungry so I fed her when we got there, and then I held her and read magazines for about an hour and a half while she slept. Then we stopped by Grandma and Grandpa's house because I wanted them to take her picture. She had on a really cute purple outfit and a sweater that I had knitted for her when I was recovering from my second surgery for endo last April - although I didn't know it would be so soon that I would have a daughter to wear it! I was hopeful though! She also had her Miraculous Medal pin that her Godmother gave her for her baptism. (And we still don't have a camera so we had to go use Grandma's!)
Then we went grocery shopping for the week at Wild Oats - she was in her sling again - she loves it! Lots of people commented on her and the sling. And of course we had to stop at Starbucks....
3 comments:
So what kind of sling do you have? I'm really hoping that I get one for the shower and if I don't then I'm just going to have to invest...I'm planning on taking my walks with him in a sling
(as soon as I can start exercising) since his stroller will be doubling as his bassinet!
Awwww, that sounds like a GREAT Sunday!!!!! How beautiful that you got to go with her during communion for a blessing! And beautiful about the little outfit you had made her!
What a beautiful memory for your family...your first Mass and Sunday date as a family! I would print this out for her baby book!!!
Kathryn
Post a Comment