Yesterday was a CRAZY day. I had to get up at 6:15 to take Ken to the airport (very hard for an extra large pregnant woman who doesn't get enough sleep as it is!). Then I had a Destination Jesus meeting at LePeeps (delicious), then I went straight over to the Frassati meeting and heard Dr. Ray. Like Anne said, I was pretty disappointed that he did not speak about parenting, but instead his conversion story. Judging from all the moms, dads, and babies hanging out in the back of the room, (not to mention the pregnant women) many people were probably expecting a parenting talk. However, he was still great and I'm still glad I went. Then I had two hours to make the Tshirt costumes for the skit for Destination Jesus, then I had my last pre-baby haircut, then I went out to dinner with a friend, and came home and crashed on the couch with the cat!
Now it's Sunday morning and I'm going to pick up Ken soon. I'm really glad he got to take the earlier, direct flight and he'll be home at 9:30am instead of later this afternoon, and I'm glad we get to go to Mass together.
Sorry this is kind of random, I'm VERY low on sleep these days. Even Tylenol PM is not helping much. Oh well - maybe this is preparing me for getting up every 2 hours when the baby gets here. I'm certainly already getting used to it!
3 comments:
The no sleep is definite preparation. I slept horribly the last few weeks of pregnancy because it was so difficult to turn over and get comfortable. Nothing helps--just think of it as time to get you ready for life with a baby. Sorry I couldn't be more encouraging.
That is ok! She is worth it. At least I know I'm not the only one! ;-)
Sounds like a wild weekend, but full of fun. Resting can be anything so long as you arn't up and going. I know we need that sleep desperatly at this stage of pregnancy, but like you I get terrible insomnia and find that lying still and quiet gives my body a recharge!
Kathryn
Post a Comment