Marriage Meme: Because I like to remember this.
1. Where/how did you meet? In mom's garage when we were going to Evansville - see two posts ago for the whole story.
2. How long have you known each other? Since December 31, 1999
3. How long after you met did you start dating? 3 months or so - then he became Catholic 2 months later.
4. How long did you date before you were engaged? about a year and a half
5. How long was your engagement? November to June
6. How long have you been married? Will be 5 years in June
7. What is your anniversary? June 29, 2002
8. How many people came to your wedding reception? Maybe 250?
9. What kind of cake did you serve? Carrot with Cream Cheese frosting - my favorite ;-)
10. Where was your wedding? Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
11. What did you serve for your meal? I don't remember! All I ate was fruit.
12. How many people were their in your bridal party? We each had 6 bridesmaids/groomsman, plus 2 flower girls, and a junior groomsman.
13. Are you still friends with them all? Yes, mostly - we don't see each other as often as we would like.
14. Did you or your spouse cry during the ceremony? Yep, I won't say who ;-)
15. Most special moment of your wedding day? The best part was that Ken and I were the Eucharistic ministers - we got to share the blood of Christ with all our friends and family! (Ok, I cried the whole time I was giving out communion!)
16. Any funny moments? Now that we look back on them, they are funny - see next question!
17. Any big disasters? I was sick that day, but was pretty much fine once the ceremony started. AND, none of the tuxes fit. NONE. We were exchanging like mad a few days before the wedding.
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Charleston, SC. It was wonderful.
19. How long were you gone? A week.
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? Nothing. It was perfect.
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? When looking at the bed from the foot of it, on the right.
22. What size is your bed? Queen.
23. Greatest strength as a couple? Faith, hope and love.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple? Balancing work and family and other commitments.
25. Who literally pays the bills? Ken, but I put the checks in the bank ;-)
26. What is your song? Hm... don't think we really have one.
27. What did you dance your first dance to? You are the Love of my Life, by Michael W. Smith and Jim Brickman - we learned the fox trot and wowed everyone! And then my dad and I danced to Zoot Suit Riot - a swing dance, since that is our tradition at weddings! Everyone loved it.
28. Describe your wedding dress? Beautiful - white satin, thin straps, beaded around the top and bottom, veil and satin slippers.
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? Mom made them! I had white and pink gardenias and white and pink calla lillies, and the bridesmaids all carried different colored pastel roses, which looked great with their black dresses.
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? What do they say? No.
I tag everyone who reads this blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment