Friday, January 12, 2007

Going public

I've been debating since I started this blog if I should share it with all my friends and family. At first it was just a place to record thoughts about this pregnancy, but now I have several people who I don't know reading it! (And I've really enjoyed meeting some online friends!) Maybe I should share it with people, but then I think - who really wants to read about this? I'll have to decide. Any suggestions/thoughts?

9 comments:

Ouiz said...

NO WAY!!! You live in Carmel, Indiana? I used to live there, and graduated from Westfield-Washington High School!!!

Wow...

Ouiz said...

Oh... and I was a parishoner at OLMC too.

That is so cool.

I was just up there last year, as a matter of fact, for my (ahem) 20 yr reunion....

Anyway, congratulations on your baby!!!

Kristen Laurence said...

It's a tough decision, and can only be made by you and your husband. But I certainly enjoy and am inspired by your blog. It can be a wonderful way to "meet" and learn from other like-minded Catholic moms.

Margaret in Minnesota said...

I agree with Kristen--you will "meet" some wonderful people and have some wonderful "conversations."

They don't take the place of the real thing, of course, but rather, enhance it. Blogging is a wonderful way to stay connected. (And I think that's been said, like, a thousand times before!)

God bless! Let's keep each other in our prayers during our pregnancies!

Anne said...

I finally did half-heartedly share it with my parents and my sister's been reading it since I started.

I imagine that once the baby comes along it'll be a great medium to share pictures and progress with far away friends...

Plus if they don't want to read it, then they just won't read it! I for one really enjoy reading it! :o)

Ouiz said...

[commenting on the post Beth left on my blog] When I went to OLMC, they didn't have a school.

The Nashville Dominicans teach there? Wow... My friend Renee sends her little ones there, and she loves, loves, loves the school. The Nashville Dominicans are teaching at St. Mary's in Greenville SC too, and I hear they are WONDERFUL.

Small world, huh?

God bless you and your family!

Ouiz said...

[commenting again on a post Beth left on my blog]

Actually, it's Renee Anderson. Her husband's name is Jeff. They have 3 kids. Amazingly sweet person.

She sent me a copy of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy that OLMC made -- it's beautiful!!

It sounds (from all she's told me) that your parish is amazing. Unfortunately, ours is rather liberal (although it is getting better and the parishoners are incredible), and being down here in SC the choices are few and far between.

Very few, and very far between.

Rosemary said...

While I am not a real experienced blogger I do try to write only what I wouldn't mind anybody reading, including friends and relatives-- because they may find it whether I share it or not. And if you share it,as someone has said, they can read it or not as they choose. Just don't be hurt if they don't. Not everybody likes to read blogs. (Although I can't imagine why not. I love to.)Yours looks interesting. This is my first visit.

Kathryn said...

I found that sharing my blog with family was a great way to connect with them since we live so far apart from one another. I've found it to be very rewarding....it bridges a gap so to speak!

Kathryn