Wednesday, December 06, 2006

28 weeks

I just came back from my last monthly doctor appointment - from now on I have to go every 2 weeks. I had the glucose tolerance test and the nurse had an awful time drawing blood - I'm glad my mom was with me! I also have a terrible cold, and the doctor gave me a list of medicines that I can take - thank God! I just hope I'm better for New York this weekend.....

The baby looks great - good strong heartbeat, and measuring perfectly. I always love to hear her heartbeat. I can't wait to meet her.

Does anyone have any feelings/ experience with natural childbirth? We are taking a Bradley Class. Looks interesting. I hope I can do it.

2 comments:

nicole said...

If you can do it go for it. I have friends who have delivered naturally at the hospital as well as at home. One friend really likes water births if that is available in your area. I've had 3 c-sections and one unplanned natural delivery. Due to the nature of the natural delivery I can't contribute much to your thought process--it was very fast and very traumatic for the baby and I don't remember much about it. But I think natural delivery is great for those women who want to do it.

Anne said...

So glad you asked! I was going to post a comment and ask you to write a post about your natural childbirth classes. I'm very interested, but I haven't decided which route to go or really what to do about it. I know if I don't educate myself in one way or another it would be much harder to try and stay natural. One friend suggested a doula (labor assistant) but I'm pretty certain we won't have enough money for thoughts. So can you tell all about your class?? Do you like it? Why? Please tell us all about it!

And thanks for your comments - don't worry I'm not returning any clothes that were too big. They were some *cough* that were too small, particularly in the thigh area...

:o)